- Fast Track Course
- No retail experience needed, just as positive friendly personality
- Payment of £25 to secure a place, (which will be returned when you complete the course)
- Contact Sidrah as soon as possible at our phone number
- or simply drop into our office
- Scroll down to see how to get in touch with us
Friday, 17 August 2007
Tuesday, 14 August 2007
This is an example of "spray paint" art made by young people in Darnall. It's not too late for you to have a go! See below for details of our "DJs In The Park" event next Saturday, when spray paint art will be one of the activities on offer.
3pm - 6pm
Darnall Community Park
This is just a reminder that we are working with the Young Friends Of Darnall Community Park to run a "DJs in the Park" event next Saturday which will include DJ and Break Dance workshops, Street Art, sports with Activity Sheffield and a Ranger activity.
It's a chance to mix your own music, practise your dance moves and do some spray paint art! It's aimed at young people, but families and younger children are welcome too.
It should be good fun!
Friday, 3 August 2007
Vacancies on the Sheffield First 0–19+ Children & Young People Service District Board for Arbourthorne, Manor & Darnall
We need the expertise from the community and from parents/carers to ensure the development of the best possible services for children and young people across the city. If you could help place communities at the heart of service planning and delivery then the 0–19+ Partnership Service District Board for Arbourthorne, Manor and Darnall is looking for you! (Please note that the Service District also includes Tinsley, which is part of Darnall Ward.)
There are currently vacancies for one Community and one Parent/carer representative on the Arbourthorne, Manor and Darnall Service District Board
If you have
- A good understanding of local challenges in improving children and young people’s
- The ability to work creatively, professionally and persistently in partnership
- And you are either a worker, volunteer or committee member in a local group
- Or an individual who works with others as a parent/carer or in support of parent/carers,
then you may be the person the Service District Board needs.
For an informal chat, please contact Neil Bishop at Darnall Forum , (contact details at the bottom of the page), or visit the OFFER website at www.offer.org.uk
Closing date: 5pm Wednesday 26 September
No explanation is offered, and we cannot ask for feedback. We suspect, however, that the grants' panel was unconvinced by our plans for rolling out the project regionally, and even nationally, (which is a requirement for large awards).
The implication is that we should confine future applications to less than £150,000, (and probably closer to £100,000), if we want to succeed. Then they would not need to have regional or national significance.
This would, of course, mean scaling back the "Transitions" project and losing at least one part of the original proposal – which was about preparing children for nursery, helping them to learn to read, and helping them to prepare for secondary school. Which of these can we do without? Or can one of them be funded another way?
Thursday, 2 August 2007
The Stovin, Uttley and Greenlands Tenants' And Residents' Association is holding a One World Day event on Saturday 1 September between 12 and 5pm.
The aim of the event is to promote community cohesion on the three estates in Darnall. There will be activities for children and young people and we are hoping to provide an opportunity for people to learn about each other's cultures and try each other's food.If you would like to get involved in any way, no matter how small, or if you have any suggestions to make, then please contact the Forum by scrolling down towards the bottom of the page, where you will find our phone number, email address and drop-in details.
The purpose of the meeting is to:
1. Receive Annual Reports from the Chairperson, the Treasurer and the Secretary.
2. To elect officers and members of the Committee of the BCNWP
3. To elect officers and members (‘Officers Elect’) of the new company to be formed as approved at the Extraordinary general Meeting on 1 August.
4. To agree to accept the new name of the company: The Staniforth Neighbourhood Centre.
Any persons interested in becoming members of the present B.C.N.W.P. Committee or Directors of the new company need to submit their nominations to the Chairperson, at least 2 weeks before the A.G.M.
Please note that, although the new Centre will be open to everyone in Darnall, and anyone can now apply to be a member of the BCNWP, only people of Bangladeshi origin can apply to be members of the Management Committee or company directors.
For further details, please contact:
Mr Bakul Popat
The Old School Building, Station Road, Sheffield S9 4JT
Tel: 0114 2737471 / 07990784036.