- Do you want to set up a new group?
- Does your small group need help with running costs such as room hire or materials?
- Or is your group looking to do something new or attract new people?
The Council Small Grants Fund is a simple, fast track grant scheme for projects that want to make a difference in their local community. The Council is keen to fund small voluntary, community and self-help projects run by and for local people. They prioritise activities that:
· Benefit the welfare needs of people who are at risk of social exclusion because of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexuality;
· Are based in areas of the city where the local population is disadvantaged when compared to the city average;
· Promote integration and greater understanding between people of different backgrounds and cultures;
· Promote inter-generational activities that bring older people and younger people together;
· Promote health and well-being;
· Encourage people to be active in their local communities by volunteering and developing new skills.
You do not need to have a formal constitution or be a registered charity to apply but you do need to have a bank account in the group's name with at least two unrelated signatories. In your application, you need to show that your project or group has at least 15-20 members, aims to tackle a particular need and involves local people working together to solve a problem.
The Council will fund a wide range of costs and activities. Some frequently requested items are:
Volunteer expenses (out of pocket expenses like bus fares)
Equipment and materials
Administration costs (printing, post)
Regular transport costs for disabled members
They do not give grants for food, costs for the benefit of individuals, or groups with large unrestricted funds or a high annual income.
We are available if you need help to fill in the application form. For more information about the Small Grants Fund and an application pack please contact us.
Voluntary Sector Liaison Team Town Hall, Sheffield S1 2HH
Tel: 0114 273 4113 Fax: 0114 273 6421 Email: email@example.com
You will find more information about us and the Small Grants Fund on the Council Website: www.sheffield.gov.uk/smallgrants
Tuesday, 12 August 2008
Small Grants for Small Groups
Posted by Darnall Forum at 11:50