- Please remember that they don’t describe how things are today, but how they were on 31 December last year.
- The accounts show that our income actually increased last year. This is only because of the huge efforts made by Neil, Zahira and Nazia to save money. This included working fewer hours while still trying to do as much work for the Forum as the could.
- You will see that our total funds on 31 December were £40,184. Some of this was money which we needed to keep to spend in 2018. That left us with £29,380.
- But this is not what we had in the bank. Because we are only paid gradually by the Council, we usually have about half that amount in the bank at any one time. We need this much money for cash flow reasons. That is why the staff had to make savings.
- Darnall Forum Trading, which ran the post office for us, also owed us some of that money - £2,569.
Wednesday, 3 October 2018
Our Chairperson's Annual Remarks
We need to have an Annual General Meeting every year to comply with charity law. Neil has printed a copy of our annual report and accounts which you can look at during the meeting if you wish or you can call into the office to see them. They are also on the Charity Commission website.
I should just like to make a few comments about them:
Despite making more cuts to what we do, we still managed to help a lot of people with ESOL and IT classes, employment advice, keepfit, sewing classes, cake decorating and confidence building. We organised fun events for the community to mark International Women’s Day, at Hallowe’en and Christmas, as well as an Autumn fair and a coach trip to London to visit the museums there.
We have also campaigned on behalf of local people to try to get more local jobs at IKEA and Meadowhall. That campaign was still going on at the end of last year.
Posted by Darnall Forum at 15:49