Friday, 11 June 2021
Darnall's very own Irving Street Motors are looking for a mechanic. This person needs to be either semi-skilled or skilled in motor mechanics. If you are interested please email your CV to email@example.com (clearly marked with 'Mechanic' in the subject line) who will pass them on.
Monday, 24 May 2021
We have received details regarding Bogus Callers operating in this area. Please be vigilant and follow the advice below given by our local policing team.
Bogus callers try to get into your home or obtain personal details by pretending to be someone they’re not, including council staff, charity collectors, meter readers and water board officials. In reality, they are criminals trying to steal money and valuables.
How can you protect myself from doorstep crime?
- Be on guard if someone turns up unexpectedly.
- Keep front and back doors locked.
- Use the door viewer or nearby window when answering the door.
- Fit a door chain or bar – use it and keep it on when talking to callers at the door.
- If you’re not sure, don’t answer the door.
- Don’t feel embarrassed – genuine callers expect you to be careful.
- Only let callers in if they have an appointment and you have confirmed they are genuine.
- Always ask for identification badges of anyone you answer the door to, but don’t rely on them. Identity cards can be faked – phone the company with a phone number from the yellow pages to verify their identity.
- Some companies offer a password system. Ask your utility providers if this can be used and if you have a password with a company make sure the caller uses it.
- Never let people try to persuade you to let them into your home even if they are asking for help – they may not be genuine. If someone is persistent, ask them to call at another time and arrange for a friend or family member to be with you.
- Never agree to pay for goods or give money to strangers who arrive at your door.
- Don’t keep large amounts of money in your home.
- Remember, it’s your home. There’s no reason why anyone should ever enter your home against your wishes.
- If in doubt, KEEP THEM OUT!
Please be vigilant, and report any suspicious activity via 101
Friday, 14 May 2021
This year, IKEA Sheffield are taking on an exciting pilot partnership with the Woodland Trust and Sheffield City Council, to fight climate change and raise awareness of the importance of green spaces across South Yorkshire.
As part of the launch of IKEA Sheffield's latest, local partnership with The Woodland Trust, we'd love to gain insight on your favourite outdoor places! Are you green fingered? Enjoy looking after plants and animals, or going on woodland walks at the weekend? We'd love to hear all about it!
IKEA are very much concerned for caring about the many people and the planet. We look for opportunities where we can create a positive environmental impact, support the learning and development of children and have a significant impact on the living conditions of the most vulnerable. This year, IKEA Sheffield are taking on an exciting partnership with the Woodland Trust and Sheffield City Council, to fight climate change and raise awareness of the importance of green spaces across South Yorkshire.
The survey should take 5 minutes and will give us great insight into all things trees, woodland and climate change! Your thoughts on green spaces across Sheffield will help to shape the partnership and make a direct positive environmental impact in Sheffield.
Together, we can create a better everyday life for the many people and the planet.
Survey link : Trees, woodland and green spaces! (office.com)
Tuesday, 11 May 2021
Here at Darnall Forum, we recognise that the local economy should get the attention it deserves. We have lots of small businesses operating in our local area that sometimes go unnoticed as they are not big enough to compete with big business. We are therefore championing small local business to encourage you all to shop local.
Our next business is 'Every moment matters' . The best thing I can say about this local business is for you to visit their Face Book page and just see some of the amazing things they can do with photos, frames, images. I've had a look and I think they are great. For obvious reasons I'm not going to put any pictures on here (need the relevant permissions), please go and look at their Face Book Page for more information by searching for Every Moment matters.